Re: Package extraction process (dpkg-source, format 1.0 and 3.0 (quilt))

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

> Now, you have two kinds of diff.gz - hooligan ones which directly
> modify upstream files when applied as one fat, monolitic and
> illogical changeset, and such that create logically separated diffs
> in debian/patches/ which are then applied build time.

I'd like to point out that George is making a severe value judgement
here. The "fat, monolithic, and illogical changeset" is what I would
describe more neutrally as "plain monolithic diff directly against the
source tree".

No need to use emotive words like "hooligan" or "illogical", since
those imply an unwarranted value judgement and have no necessary
connection to the plain direct-diff style.

--
 \     “I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because |
  `\           then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back.” —Jack Handey |