Re: Re: RFS: bluemindo

Hi,
> well, you've done it in an overcomplicated way. You call dh_link
> manually, but thats not neccessary as CDBS already calls it. You just
> have to add a file debian/links containing all the links that you need
> to create. This also saves some build-time (not that many, but consider
> 1000 packages calling a perl script like dh_link twice for no reason),
> what I consider quiet important, as some architectures are already overloaded.

I've moved it to debian/links (and debian/install for the dh_install
call).

I also modified the debian/copyright file, it should be a little
cleaner, and it now includes the PSF license.

> Given that it isn't a 'install' step you should move it to another
> target. The CDBS documentation has 'build/foo' for it.

Done.

I've added how to disable patches in README.source
It seems to be the only way with simple-patchsys.

> [...]
> Yeah, alright.
> [...]
> Great.
> [...]
> Perfect.
> [...]
> Okay, good.

Thanks :)

> > > - The enumeration in the description is confusing.
>
> I still think that this is true and I would also prefer a more
> terse description.
>
>  Bluemindo is a really simple but powerful audio player in Python/PyGTK,
>  using GStreamer.
>  .
>  Features include:
>    * Download pictures for artists and album or lyrics of the current
>      playing song
>    * Different view modes (lightweight, basic, normal or full)
>    * Plugin support
>    * Desktop notifications
>    * Change the status message of the Gajim Instant Messenger
>    * Send music to your last.fm profile or your Jabber account
>
> I think its not adequate to over-detailled describe the feature (like
> the details of the view modes). Thats what documentation is for. The
> user just needs a chance to decide weither this player is worth beeing
> tried out. I'm open for discussion if the 3 items that are featured via
> plugins should be handled seperately, but I'm arguing that they are part
> of the package distribution so this is eventually not needed.

I replaced the description with yours and I added notes about optional
dependencies.

> About the code duplication thing:
> If I do search for example for audioscrobbler.py with apt-file, then I
> do find 4 or 5 different copies of this file. Even if upstream makes
> changes to this file (which is bad and you should teach him not to do
> so) it is still a code duplication and probably needs security support.
> So your best bet is to inform the security team, latest once the package gets
> accepted in the archive.

Hm... Ok, I will do so.

Regards, Thibaut GIRKA.