Re: RFS: atmailopen (2nd attempt - updated description)

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> writes:

> Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> > Debian developers reference suggest not no put "written in
> > <language>" into one-line descriptions - it is useless for users
> > to know what language the program written in.
>
> In this particular case, it actually can be useful, since it's a web
> application to be run in a web browser, which will need support for the
> particular language.

I've never needed PHP support in my web browser to use web
applications written in PHP.

Perhaps you mean the web *server* needs PHP support?

> Naturally, the same can be guessed from the package dependencies,

This information is better done with debtags, using the organised tag
hierarchy, rather than cluttering the description. Packaging tools can
easily show the debtags for a package along with its description.

--
 \      "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But |
  `\     the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound |