Re: RFS: genwebgallery

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 10:57:34AM -0700, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Honestly, disks are cheap, and buildds don't spend a lot of time on shell
> script packages since they don't need to be built.  5 kilobytes for a
> .deb file and its source packaging is not a great burden to ask of the
> mirror operators.  (And five kilobytes is a generous estimate.)

I wouldn't really mind if I would buy the diskspace, but given that
mirror operators do it on a volunteer base, do it free and do not only
mirror our archives I think we should have some sanity. Its not that I
ask to exclude the script from Debian.
I ask to not *waste* space at the
wrong places. Disk space is cheap, you say. Thats true, if people have a
chance to decide weither they want to waste that particular byte or not.
Mirror operators don't have the choice (or better said they give space
to the project and ask it to use it sane), so we do have to be sane.
Users have the choice, they can decide weither they install a great
package including thousands of little scripts and binaries, or not.
I ask to *just think* a moment weither a single package is adequate for a
single 200 line script, or not.

Best Regards,
Patrick