Re: RFS: nvi (Was Re: Multi-RFS: nvi, autofs5, mt-st)

Hello,

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Jan Christoph Nordholz wrote:
> * nvi (1.79-26 => 1.81.6+debian-1)
> Switch from the stable branch (which has been dead for ages) to the
> development branch - it doesn't feel "developmental" though.
> Package has been thoroughly revised (the 1.79 series didn't even employ
> a patch system) at that opportunity.

Mostly looks good.

Warning during build:
 - dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if
   "debian/nvi/usr/bin/nview debian/nvi/usr/bin/nvi debian/nvi/usr/bin/nex"
   were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

I see that you have 1.81.6+debian as a repackaged source file since
you have added the files:
	nvi-1.79/FAQ
	nvi-1.79/docs/changelog
	nvi-1.79/docs/tutorial/vi.advanced
	nvi-1.79/docs/tutorial/vi.beginner
In view of long-term maintenance (for example if upstream goes to
1.81.7) isn't it easier to add these files in patches (which you can
also send upstream). That way you do not need to repack the upstream
tar ball.

Does "nvi" support wide-chars?

Regards,

Kapil.