Re: RFS: fbreader (updated package)

On Sunday 15 June 2008, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> George Danchev wrote:
> >> One more question about quilt: dpkg-buildpackage stands that fbreader
> >> source is 1.0 source package. Should I correct it to be 3.0-quilt? If
> >> yes, how can I do it? I haven't found any info about it in policy and
> >> devreference.
> >
> > You will need dpkg >= 1.14.18 [1] and follow [2] to check your package
> > how Raphael described.
> >
> > [1] see "New source package formats" at:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00004.html
> > [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=482741
>
> Thanks for links.
>
> And, another question then: would converted to 3.0-format packages are
> acceptable by sponsors and by ftp-masters now? Or It would be better to
> wait for lenny release and then introduce such changes?

Just check your package for yourself, correct the failures if any, and *wait*
patiently until after lenny release, at least ;-) As said above, please
reread [1] thoroughly: "Bug #457345 [6] is the wishlist bug tracking the dak
modification that will be needed to accept those new source package formats."

Rf: dak (the debian archive kit) is not ready yet to accept these new source
formats.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB