Re: RFS: python-minimock 0.8-2

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> writes:

> Why did you add DM-Upload-Allowed?

Because I'm applying for Debian Maintainer status, and I'd like to be
able to make use of that with this package in future releases.

Should I not do this?

> Please fix debian/copyright, minimock.py is not under Expat license,
> but:
>
> Licensed under the MIT license:
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

The terms currently available at that URL, and those directly included
with the package ('docs/license.txt' in the source) are identical to
the terms of the Expat license.

See the explanation at
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat#head-efd90160bd80efbe27609100a3e0b055774cf0e9>
for the explanation of why the name "Expat" is simpler and less
ambiguous than "MIT" when referring to those license terms.

This might be an issue worth taking up with the upstream developer (a
request to simply change the name used to refer to the exact same
license terms), but regardless should not IMO impact being able to
release the package.

Thanks again for examining this package.

--
 \         "My girlfriend has a queen sized bed; I have a court jester |
  `\   sized bed. It's red and green and has bells on it, and the ends |