Re: RFS: plait - Command-Line Jukebox

* David Symons <david.symons@liberatedcomputing.net> [080610 14:55]:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "plait".
>[...]
> - plait runs OK in a Sarge chroot so I have used Sarge versions for the binary dependencies.

You do not need to add dependencies for essential packages. bash,
findutils and grep are all essential, so you do not need to list them,
unless you need specific versions. If it runs in sarge that means you
do not need specific versions.

Please also do not recommend packages from non-free (or otherwise
outside Debian).

You call ./plain --install from your configure script which includes
commands like:

| rm -f "$HOME/.plait/commands/itunes-cmd-play.js"
| rm -f "$HOME/.plait/commands/cmd-play.vbs"
| rm -fr /etc/plait

Have you tested different shells (as this is /bin/sh) and different awks
(as it calls awk directly)? Things of that size have often
incompatiblities with one or the other implementation...

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link