Re: RFS: dish

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your comments.

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Vincent Bernat wrote:

Hi Dimitar!

Sorry  for being  picky, but  you left  configure-stamp target  which is
useless too since you don't have configure target any more.

I was not sure about the configure time-stamp, now the target is removed.

This  is a  matter  of taste,  but  I would  put "config_examples/*"  in
debian/examples instead of "config_examples".

I moved the files to debian/examples.

Moreover,  you should  fix all  lintian  warnings (use  lintian -viI  on
.changes). For manual page, you can either use a patch management system

lintian run over _source.changes didn't show me any problems - that's why I missed them since I checked and uploaded only sources. But lintian run over _i386.changes let me see the warnings. In future I'll ckeck all .changes :-)

or use this snippet in install target of debian/rules:
sed -i 's/\B-/\\-/g' debian/dish/usr/share/man/man1/*

Check what this command really does before using it in debian/rules.

The snippet is not ok, because it escapes all '-' but help2man actually does most of the escape-job correctly, as I looked exactly at the troubles. Only some in the file "seealso" (which is simply included and is supposed to be already formated in *roff), and some in the SYNOPSIS section are not escaped. In the Makefile, I pipe now the output from help2man into sed to escape only unescaped '-'.

--
I WILL NOT AIM FOR THE HEAD
I WILL NOT AIM FOR THE HEAD

Finally, I did some minor changes in the main program and the Makefile. Hence a new upstream release emerged and has been uploded:

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dish/dish_1.16.2-1.dsc

Kind regards,
Dimitar