Re: RFS: gnome-inm-forecast

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 08:14:32AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

Hi Vincent

> OoO En  cette nuit striée d'éclairs  du lundi 02 juin  2008, vers 02:00,
> Gustavo Iñiguez Goya <ga@kutxa.homeunix.org> disait:
>
> > Dear mentors,
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gnome-inm-forecast".
>
> > * Package name    : gnome-inm-forecast
> >   Version         : 0.6.1
> >   Upstream Author : Gustavo Iñiguez Goya <ga@kutxa.homeunix.org>
> > * URL             : http://kutxa.homeunix.org/trac/gnome-inm-forecast
> > * License         : GPL
> >   Section         : gnome
>
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > gnome-inm-forecast  - Spanish  weather forecast  applet for  the GNOME
> > desktop
>
> Hi Gustavo!
>
> What is the difference with the forecast applet shipped in Gnome?

Firstly Vincent, sorry for answer you directly instead of doing it to the list.

The main difference is that this applet extracts the information from
the Spanish Meteorological Agency, which supplies a more accurate
weather forecast for Spain, and by city.
Besides this important difference, AEMET (http://www.aemet.es) supplies
some kind of reports (avalanche/snowfalls) for the pyrenees which no
others websites do it (except meteofrance).

The GNOME's one, does not provide a weather forecast report of any kind
for Spain (if I'm not wrong). Only the current weather condition for the
selected city.

Regards,
Gustavo.