Re: cowbuilder and --distribution experimental

Hi,

> > Hi again mentors !!!
> > I've now a strange problem creating an experimental COW image.
> >
> > I use "cowbuilder --create --distribution experimental" but I obtain an
> > unmet error with e2fsprogs (PreDepends: libuuid1 (>= 1.34-1)).
> > libuuid1 package is correctly downloaded and configured on chroot
> > environment :(
> >
> > Same error overriding EXTRAPACKAGES with =libuuid1.
>
> experimental is not a complete distribution. You cannot just use
> --distribution experimental. I think that you should use an unstable chroot
> and add to apt experimental sources. You will also have to provide a
> correct /etc/apt/preferences (otherwise, experimental repository will not
> be used).

Actually, '--distribution experimental' is special-cased in pbuilder
such that it should just work.  '--distribution experimental' sets up
internal flags such that it is interpreted as '--distribution sid' and
special handling for experimental.

regards,
	junichi
--