Re: RFS: uniconvertor

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 01:20 -0200, Mauro Lizaur wrote:
> I: uniconvertor: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 1668kB 87%
I've split the package into the main package unconvertor (arch: all) and an additional package uniconvertor-modules containing the arch-dependant modules (arch: any).
> W: uniconvertor: script-not-executable
> ./usr/share/pycentral/uniconvertor/site-packages/uniconvertor/__init__.py
Fixed.
> i would recommend you to check these, and try to make it work for all
> the versions of python available (ie 2.4 and 2.5, now just builds for
> python 2.4)
Now works for python: all

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 19:34 -0430, Juan Angulo Moreno wrote:
> I think you should change the name and description to your program,
> something like:
>
> uniconvertor -- command line to convert vector graphic files
Description changed.
> The binary name is uniconv, I think it should be uniconvertor
The problem is, that inkscape directly uses the name "uniconv". If the
executable is renamed to uniconvertor, inkscape wont pick it's existence
up.
So should I change the package name to uniconvertor, and make uniconv
also work (via symlink)? Or should I just keep the name as uniconv.
> Can you rebuild this for that work con Lenny Python-Goal[0]?
Works on python 2.5 . I'm running the package (compiled in sid) in Ubuntu Hardy where the default python version is 2.5.

I've reuploaded a new version to mentors:
dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/uniconvertor/uniconvertor_1.1.1-1.dsc

The version isn't completely persistent. I've changed the executable name to uniconvertor and made uniconv work via symlinks; but I still need to patch the help-text to match the new name. But I didn't want to do that until I was sure wether the name should be changed at all.

Thank you very much for looking at the package; and for your valuable comments and links.

Cheers,
Andreas
--
Andreas Wenning <awen@awen.dk>