Re: RFS: beef and rhinote (new versions)

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 04:45:24PM +0100, Andrea Bolognani wrote......

> So apparently the different md5sum is due to the fact the upstream
> tarball was created from a FAT filesystem, while the one in
> Debian's archives was created by dpkg-buildpackage on a GNU/Linux
> system (compression level could also another cause I guess).

Not true. I just downloaded from upstream, started from scratch with
dh_make, etc. and then compared upstream with the newly created
.orig.tar.gz and they matched.

> How should I handle this? Building the package using the upstream
> tarball works fine, but I don't think it's possible to replace the
> .orig.tar.gz in the Debian archive with another one.

Download a new upstream source.

Execute dh_make.

You'll have to rename the directory that is made from rhinote-0.7 to
rhinote-0.7.0 since that is what you were working with before.

Remove the newly created /debian directory and replace with the one
you've been working with recently with all of the latest changes,
etc.

Build using the -sa option of dpkg-buildpackage. That option
includes the .orig.tar.gz file in the build.

Post your new .dsc file for me to grab and I'll rebuild, sign and
upload.

>From there we should be good.

Kevin

--