Re: RFS: xiterm+thai

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

>  OK, now there is a real problem, most of the licences mentioned are
>  non-free and cannot be put into main. Essentially all the files that
>  are not copyright Vuthichai Ampornaramveth or Theppitak
>  Karoonboonyanan are non-free and need to be removed or relicenced.
>  Alternatively the package can be put in non-free instead of main.

Pardon? The doc/COPYRIGHT.HISTORY clearly states:

-8<-
xvt original copyright was "Do what you want, but can't make money on it." .
Rxvt had the same copyright since it was based on xvt .
xiterm moved to GPL with autorization from xvt's original author.
-8<-

I suppose Guylhem Aznar, who relicensed xiterm, has
already got authorization from previous authors to release
the whole package under GPL-2.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan