Re: RFS: nettee

On Tue 19 Feb 08 12:47, Paul Wise wrote:
>On Feb 18, 2008 9:28 PM, Patrick Schoenfeld
><schoenfeld@in-medias-res.com> wrote:
>
>> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nettee/nettee_0.1.8-3.dsc
>
>Some additional comments:
>
>> Now to your package:
>>
>> - debian/changelog
>
>s/rewrited/rewritten/
done

>> - debian/copyright
>
>Please move <Copyright (C) 2007 David Mathog> onto a line on its own
>and remove the weird angle brackets.
done. i've added the other people copyrights. Must i include the mine?

>The software is GPL2 only, not GPL2 or later.
done

>> - debian/README.Debian: Hm. I'm unsure if the content is suited for
>>   README.Debian. Why? Because it seems like it has no documenting
>>   character, more beeing an advertising on how enthusiastic you are
>>   about the tool ;) I would like to hear other opinions about this,
>>   however.
>
>I agree, perhaps this could be placed in the upstream README?
I'm from opinion that this content must be send to the upstream author
and, if he find that it must be included in the original content, it
will do it.

>> - debian/rules:
>
>You don't build it with -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, why is that?
It's a bug :) I have added it.

>It would be good if there were a commented out DH_VERBOSE line in
>there to enable easy debugging of debian/rules.
it's correct now?

>It would be good if you could write a Makefile with the following
>targets and send it upstream:
>
>all or build, clean, install, dist.
>
>Be sure to support CFLAGS, PREFIX and DESTDIR in your Makefile since
>debian/rules will need them. For extra points it should support
>checking for solaris and compiling appropriately (see the comments in
>nettee.c).
i will do it slowly and send upstream.

>> - debian/watch is missing, but highly recommended. it enables tracking of
>>   new upstream versions via your QA page and even a mail notification if
>>   you want. See [4] for more information.
>
>debian/docs: No need to distribute empty files nor a HTML copy of the
>manual page.
i have removed the html man file

>If you want to distribute the pdist scripts, you should at least
>customize them by using the right path to nettee. You can do this with
>either sed or a patch system like quilt.
i will not distribute it, because they appear to be a author custom
scripts useful alone for it.

>Upstream includes the binary in the tarball, please ask them to fix that.
i will do it.

Paul, thank you! :)