Re: The get-orig-source target as stated in Policy 4.9

Hi!

* Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> [080219 07:38]:

[ discussion about the get-orig-source target of the policy ]

> Furthermore, if we want to get literal about the get-orig-source policy and
> look at the term "...the most recent version...", then we must start
> factoring in development versions of packages when we consider writing the
> get-orig-source target.
>
> What I would like to know is, what was the original purpose for the
> get-orig-source target. Maybe that would clear up what the get-orig-source
> target is supposed to do.

I still fail to read the policy as you do; perhaps we should just agree
to disagree and ask the policy team to rephrase that paragraph.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander