Re: removal of unneeded packages installed by pbuilder

Hello,

One way to use pbuilder and avoid using aptcache is to  use a
local mirroring tool as the MIRRORSITE. I use "approx" but YMMV.

Another way to avoid the massive file copying is to use a
BINDMOUNTS and set APTCACHE to "". The tricky part is that
pbuilder's BINDMOUNTS allows you to specify the source of
the bind but not the target. So one way around this would be
to use BINDMOUNTS as /var/cache/pbuilder/${DISTRIBUTION}/aptcache.
Then you configure apt in the chroot to use this directory
as its cache directory. I had this setup until I hit upon the first
option.

Regards,

Kapil.