Re: RFC/RFS: zerofree - zero free blocks from ext2/3 file-systems

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 05:25:15PM +0100, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "zerofree".

I have several other packages waiting for me at the moment, so I'm
afraid I can't do that (at least not soon).

> Note that I have set the Dm-Upload-Allowed field. This package is
> unrelated to the work I usually do with my sponsor Christoph Haas, which
> is why I prefer to ask here rather than to him.

In that case, I think it is not appropriate to set the field.  It should
be set in an upload by someone who has seen more work of you (if
possible on that package), and who trusts you with it.  I'm not saying
you can't be trusted with this package.  It may be fine to have the
field, I wouldn't know.  But that's exactly the point. ;-)

So I'd advise to get a sponsor who will upload new versions at least 2
or 3 times before adding the flag.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html