Re: RFS: xf86-input-tslib (xserver-xorg-input-tslib)

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 05:22 +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 11:19 +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:
> >> But it can not auto-generate "Provides: xserver-xorg-input-2" and
> > The clue is this line in debian/rules for the kbd package:
> > include debian/xsfbs/xsfbs.mk and the target 'serverabi'
>
> Done.
> I have uploaded 0.0.4-2 to mentors.debian.net.
>
> The package can be found with dget:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xf86-input-tslib/xf86-input-tslib_0.0.4-2.dsc

You missed the clean target:
+clean: xsfclean
-clean:

It's not a problem for this package but it's worth reading
debian/xsfbs/xsfbs.mk so that you know what the xsfclean target does for
future reference.

> It provides inputabiver and serverminver correctly.
> Both source and binary are lintian/linda clean.

OK - when you come back, just sort out the licence information for the
files in ./m4/* because those are missing from debian/copyright. This is
only needed because the m4/ files contain explicit copyright notices
that differ from the rest of the upstream source. It would be nice to
use the alternative format for debian/copyright too:
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

Take a look at the debian/copyright of tslib as an example.

You'll be glad to know that it cross-builds OK. One thing I would ask -
to ease cross building support a little further, create a
debian/xcontrol file. It is a copy of debian/control but with the
Build-Depends split as follows:

Build-Depends: xserver-xorg-dev (>= 2:1.4),
               libts-dev (>= 1.0-4)
Build-Depends-Tools: debhelper (>= 5),
               pkg-config

This allows cross-building tools to easily identify which dependencies
need to be installed as cross packages (i.e. which are used for
linkages) and which need to be installed as build packages (i.e. which
are simply tools to support the build).

(In future, the debian-xcontrol package will provide more extensive
support for debian/xcontrol files but emdebian-tools already contains
support for the Build-Depends split.)

I'm happy to upload once these changes are made.

--

Neil Williams