Re: .menu and .desktop files

Le 31 janv. 08 à 19:33, Piotr Ożarowski a écrit :

[Thibaut Paumard, 31.01.2008]
as per policy, I provide a .menu file each time one of my packages provides a command for which it makes sense. These menu files are not used in Ubuntu,
which apparently uses only the .desktop files.

Debian is using .menu AND .desktop files, Ubuntu is using .desktop AND
.menu files

Hi,

your answer is a bit cryptic. Can you be more specific? Is there any guidelines, policy, best practices for .desktop in Debian? Is the Ubuntu-specific information provided by Siegfried-Angel all I need for Debian?

Best regards, Thibaut.