Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:16:15 +0100
David García Garzón <dgarcia@iua.upf.edu> wrote:

> > > - Could you point me to an example of debian packaging
> > > repository? Just to know how that should be organized.

> Ups, sorry, not that one. I guess that what you sent maintains a
> debian package repository, I was talking about svn-repository not
> package repository. We are maintaining the debian/ files within
> upstream svn (svn-repository), and i was suggested to maintain it in
> a separate svn. I was wondering on how to deal with that, whether to
> store the diff files or the full debian dir, how to apply and update
> it easily and so on.
>
> I guess that it has something to do with svn-buildpackage, but
> individual man pages don't give me the whole picture.

Take a look at the SVN layout for packages like QOF:

http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/qof/trunk/

Unfortunately, viewsvn doesn't show the properties that allow
MergeWithUpstream but if you check out the SVN and look at in something
like svn-workbench, you can inspect the properties easily (or svn info
will do the same). The debian directory as mergeWithUpstream set to 1
in the svn properties. Then I copy the relevant tarball from qof/ to
debian/tarballs:
$ cp qof/qof-0.8.0.tar.gz ../debian/tarballs/qof_0.8.0.orig.tar.gz
$ svn-buildpackage

IIRC symlinks don't work, can't remember why.

(0.8.0 is the unreleased version, 0.7.5 was hosted at SF instead of
Alioth so 'debcheckout' doesn't get you the right version, yet.)

--

Neil Williams