Re: Someone to 'proofread' a .deb please

>> So how to complain about packages that don't want to change the
>> policy? I filed a bug at upstream [1] but it was a wontfix.
>
> Why? What was the excuse? You'll need to persuade upstream that it is
> not acceptable. How you do that is up to you - one of the main skills
> of a maintainer is persuading upstream to fix things properly.

By the way, the upstream respondent is the Debian maintainer, so I try
to persuade a colleague maintainer (not "my" upstream). The excuse is
that they keep the directory in sync with sid and that "other
distributions" should just remove the debian directory.

Paul