Re: VCS-Git branch

On Thursday 11 December 2008 11:31:19 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > how can I specify the branch in debian/control VCS-Git? The upstream
> > branch is master and the debian branch has the name debian.
> > I want that debcheckout will checkout debian instead of master.
>
> Not sure if debcheckout handles this correctly, but git's syntax for
> cloning a specific branch is to append a hash (#) sign and the branch name
> (i.e. git://example.com/foo/bar.git#baz)
This seems not to be correct at all.

I tried to do a simple
 git clone "git://git.debian.org/git/chinese/scim-python.git#upstream"
and got

It works fine without that #upstream (which is a valid upstream branch)

It is the same when using debcheckout
 debcheckout --git-track="*" "git://git.debian.org/git/chinese/scim-python.git#upstream"

Regards,
	Resul