Re: RFS: Airoscript

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM, أحمد المحمودي
<aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:06:55PM +0100, David Francos (XayOn) wrote:
>> On 12/10/08, David Francos (XayOn) <yo.orco@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > And about the grep version: lintian protests if I don't put any
>> > version, it says something like it's a core dependency without
>> > version...
>> > I'm sorry I dont have the exact lintian warning.
>
> I think that's the lintian error you meant:
> E: airoscript: depends-on-essential-package-without-using-version depends: grep
>
> The reason is that you put an essential package "grep" in the Depends:
> field, you do not need an essential package in the Depends: field unless
> you need a specific version of that essential package. So since it
> doesn't matter which version of "grep" exists, so you can just remove
> grep from the Depends: field.
Ok. Removed.
> Btw, since there is an experimental 'screen' support, maybe 'screen'
> should be added to Suggests: field.

Really... I stopped screen support, I mean, It "detects" screen, and
tryes to open screen sessions, but just that, it opens screen
sessions, when it should open all new things in the same screen
session.
But I'll add it to Suggests: field.

I'm in class now, I'll re-upload tonight.
BTW: Have you seen the mail where I said the thing about wlandecrypter and mdk3?
If not, (maybe it just get lost) I'll re-ask it to the list:

It has also "experimental support" for wlandecrypter and support for
mdk3, they are not dependences, since the program will still work
without them, but suggests (They add optional functionality). The
problem is they're not in debian. Will that mean that it can't enter
in main but contrib?

> --
>  أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
>  Digital design engineer
>  SySDSoft, Inc.
>  GPG KeyID: 0x9DCA0B27 (@ subkeys.pgp.net)
>  GPG Fingerprint: 087D 3767 8CAC 65B1 8F6C  156E D325 C3C8 9DCA 0B27

http://thexayon.wordpress.com

Que la fuerza os acompañe.

--XayOn--

Linux registered user #446872