Re: RFS: latexdiff (take 2)

also sprach Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> [2008.12.02.1002 +0100]:
> - please note that short descr is meant to be something like "<package
> name> is a <short description>" so you might want to rephrase a bit.

do not repeat the package name in the short description though.

> - why are you using both cdbs and debhelper 7? they almost aim to do
> the same thing, and I encourage to use dh7

cdbs itself uses debhelper. But yes, the two probably should not be
used together.

> debian/patches
> - what is the need for an additional level, 'debian/', to contain the patches?

This is an artefact of using topgit and branch namespaces and is
done mostly in the large scheme of cross-distro version conttrol
(http://vcs-pkg.org).

> Your package FTBFS in a pbuilder environment with this error:
>   debian/rules:6: /usr/share/topgit/tg2quilt.mk: No such file or directory
>   make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/topgit/tg2quilt.mk'.  Stop.
>   dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error
> exit status 2

Please use

  -include /usr/share/topgit/tg2quilt.mk

(note the leading -, since topgit is not a build dependency)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"i believe that the moment is near when by a procedure
 of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible
 to systematise confusion and contribute to
 the total discrediting of the world of reality."
                                                      -- salvador dali