Re: RFS: dhcp-probe, another try to request with a lot of update
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RFS: dhcp-probe, another try to request with a lot of update
- From: Laurent Guignard <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:09:02 +0100
- Message-id: <4934526E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <492BFBBC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <492F0DD0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Neil Williams a écrit :
> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:37:25 +0100
> Laurent Guignard <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> I thought it was a cleaner method to test the file exists before
>>>> running a command on, but may be i am wrong ?
>>> The test is okay, but why do you invoke debian/rules? If you need
>>> config.status to be up to date, just make it a dependency of rule
>>> where you need it.
>> The main difference i can see, is that someone that download the
>> source package could manualy run a ./configure with his own options
>> and generate his own Makefile that could be used after to generate a
>> specific package (may be with a special path...).
>> If i put a dependency on the install rule, this possibility disappear
>> and all dpkg-buildpackage will build the same package.
> That is the intention - new options should be set by changing
> debian/rules. If people want to build the upstream source with
> different options, they can use the .orig.tar.gz.
>> May be this freedom to the system administrator that build the package
>> hasn't to be there ?
> Don't call debian/rules - you probably don't want config.status at all,
> whether it is up to date or not. config.status is normally removed
> either by 'make distclean' or 'fakeroot debian/rules clean'.
A new version of the package is available which integrates all updates
I controlled all files twice but an error or anything else could be
You will find all links need to reach the package on mentors.debian.net
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dhcp-probe
- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- - dget
As you could see, i follow Niel Williams requirements for package
version (increment from the previous post).
I hope this package version will suite Debian requirements.
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org
Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org
Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net
GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----