Re: RFS: kde-style-skulpture

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

>>  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kde-style-skulpture/kde-style-skulpture_0.2.0-1.dsc

> I'm not a KDE persion, but why do you embed parts of CDBS/debhelper in
> the source package?

The reason for this is so KDE 3 and KDE 4 can run side-by-side on the
same system. Also if I remember correctly, there was also something
about a bug in cdbs for KDE 4 packages, so they separated out bits and
have them part of the packages now. This is only for KDE 4 stuff at this
time.

> Please also add ${misc:Depends} to your binary package Depends.

Added in the latest upload.

> Why do you target experimental instead of unstable? During the freeze
> there is no need to do so for new packages (unless the style is
> experimental and has bugs?).

The reason for experimental is because KDE 4 isn't in unstable,
experimental only at this time.

> Thanks for participating in Debian.

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal@kubuntu.org