Re: lintian complaining about modified files

Hello Andreas,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:10, Andreas Tscharner <andy@vis.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hello World,
> Hello Mentors,
>
> I use the dpatch system to make the requested changes in the sources (only 1
> dpatch changing only one source file).
>
> Now lintian complains that "config.guess and 1 more" are changed, but not by
> dpatch. I suppose that these files get changed in the build process.
>
> What is the correct way to get this problem solved?

The easiest way is to copy them from
/usr/share/misc/config.{guess,sub} in configure target and remove them
in clean target (since removed files are ignored).

For more info, take a look at /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz

Regards,