Re: RFS: libxml-simple-ruby (updated package)

Dear mentors,

package has been reuploaded it  adding the stub .

Thanks
dk

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 01:02:57PM +0530, Deepak Tripathi wrote:
>  Dear mentors,
>
>  I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.11-2
>  of my package "libxml-simple-ruby".
>
>  It builds these binary packages:
>  libxml-simple-ruby - Simple Ruby API for reading and writing XML
>
>  The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
>  The upload would fix these bugs: 439746, 491730

the fix for #491730 moves the library to a new location. yes, this new
location is correct. but the problem with that is that some scripts
will still be trying to load it at the old location. uploading this
will probably break the (probably modified to account for the
incorrect location of xmlsimple) versions of activesupport and rails
in Debian, so unless you are coordinating very closely with those
maintainers, this new version could cause problems. Also, anybody who
is using their own script with xmlsimple will probably be requiring
the library at it's old location, so that will cause additional
problems for them. The proper way to fix this problem is to include a

>  The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>  - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>  - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libxml-simple-ruby/libxml-simple-ruby_1.0.11-2.dsc
>
>  I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
>  Kind regards
>   Deepak Tripathi

Thanks,
Ryan