RFS: esmtp (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0-1
of my package "esmtp".

It builds these binary packages:
esmtp      - User configurable relay-only MTA
esmtp-run  - User configurable relay-only MTA

The package is lintian clean, with the exception of the
possible-gpl-code-linked-with-openssl message reported by recent lintian
versions. I believe this error does not apply to this package since it
does not depend on openssl directly. It depends on libesmtp, which is
LGPL, which in turns depends on openssl. Unfornately, the upstream build
links with -lssl anyway (probably for static linking sake), so the
binary has a bunch of unneeded dependencies:

  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libdl.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/esmtp/usr/bin/esmtp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libssl.so.0.9.8 could be avoided if "debian/esmtp/usr/bin/esmtp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcrypto.so.0.9.8 could be avoided if "debian/esmtp/usr/bin/esmtp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
  dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/esmtp/usr/bin/esmtp" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

I'm planning to request lintian override. If anybody has a better
suggestion please let me know.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/esmtp/esmtp_1.0-1.dsc

Kind regards
 José Fonseca