Re: RFS: cdarch

Jann Horn wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "cdarch".

I don't intent to sponsor this, but here are some
problems I have found:

- Don't use /var/medias/, use e.g. /var/lib/medias/
  (or /var/lib/cdarch)
- You modify /etc/fstab, I guess it's better to let
  the user do this manually (or use an init script)
- Use Standards-Version 3.8.0
- Don't set CFLAGS if you only copy files
- There is no manpage
- You're copying a script to /etc/init.d/ instead of
  using dh_installinit.
- You're copying scripts to different locations, you
  may want to use dh_install.
- Cleanup your rules file by removing unneeded stuff
- Don't patch upstream files in the diff.gz
- Find a section for the package, unknown is no section.
- You can remove the whole Depends: line it seems

- You could use debhelper 7, a minimalistic
  rules file and use debian/{install,manpages} files
  to install the relevant files.
- You could write the copyright files using the
  machine-interpretable format [1]

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Free Software Developer
   Debian Developer  - Contributing Member of SPI

Website: http://jak-linux.org/   XMPP: juliank@jabber.org
Debian:  http://www.debian.org/  SPI:  http://www.spi-inc.org/
Ubuntu:  http://www.ubuntu.com/  FSFE: http://www.fsfe.org/