Re: RFS: swatch (updated package)

Hi Ryan,
sorry for the delay: I missed the mail where you said you've uploaded
the package again :)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:49, Ryan Niebur <ryanryan52@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:04:52AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> - uncapitalize "Log" in short description and change ", &" to
>> "&"/"and" only (thus becoming "highlighting & hooks)
>
> what I was recently taught is that when your using the word "and"
> either way is acceptable (I assumed that it applies to the symbol
> too), and that's the way the old maintainer had it so I figure I could
> just leave it.  but, I don't want to do the the research to figure out
> if the current way is acceptable, and since imo both work, I'll just
> change it. :)

Oh.. I always thought that the "and" concludes the list, not needing
the comma :)

But "Log" is still capitalized... please fix it in the next release

>> - don't remove build-arch, but leave it in the debian/rules, even if
>> empty target (it's required by policy)
>
> It already has this line:
> = binary-arch: build install
>
> Am I missing something?

Ahh sorry, I didn't see it at the first time :)

>> - copyright information are not updated, since "swatch" is "Copyright
>> (C) 1993-2008 E. Todd Atkins"
>
> the COPYING file he distributes in the tarball says that, and I didn't
> want to/think it's right to change his copyright statement...but now
> that I look closer I see that the source files say 1993-2008, so I'll
> fix that.

It's not enough to only check COPYING file: there might be a source
file that has a different copyright notice (or even a different
license, maybe even DFSG incompatible) so then need to check _every_
source file shipped in the upstream tarball, and add a note in
debian/copyright file for file differing from the "main"
copyright/license.

> I have learned my lesson: git-tag after it gets uploaded next time. :)

yeah, it's usually better to tag only when the package has been
uploaded/ACCEPTED :) but you can always retag

What about provide a sample swatchrc file, just to have something
ready at hand (for some of the system log)?

So, you addressed all my suggestions, the package is fine, what's now?
oh, yes, uploading...done :)

Thanks for your contribution to Debian

Cheers,