Re: RFS: amtterm

Hello PIAT,

"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes on 31.10.2007:

> Quick review of the diff:
>
> The patches need proper authorship info (name and email)
>
> Might want to use quilt for the patches
>
> 10_destdir.dpatch shouldn't be necessary, you can usually override
> makefile variables by doing something like $(MAKE) prefix=/usr
>
> the homepage you specify is more of a download location, which usually
> goes in debian/copyright. probably best to remove it
>
> mk/*.dep and maybe Make.config look like they should be removed in
> debian/rules clean.
>
> Don't forget to send the patches upstream
>
> debian/watch only needs to be 2 lines long
>
> Remove the commented out commands and other cruft from debian/rules if
> you don't need them.

It seems that you did not react to Paul's suggestions to improve the
package. Moreover it seems that you have not updated to package since
that 27 Oct 2007.

ay I ask you if you are still interested in maintaining the package? At
our university, we have quite a number of machines with Intel's AMT and
having a well maintained package would be helpful.

You might also be interested to hear that a collegue of mine, Michael
Gernoth (CC'ed) maintains a private git repository of amt at [1].  He
just mentioned to me that at least some of his package really should go
in the debian package.

Please tell me if you are interested in Co-Maintenance or if you prefer
if someone else would take over this ITP.

[1] http://git.zerfleddert.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/amt

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4