Re: question

Hello Raphael,

thank you for replying.

Raphael Geissert wrote:
That's what Build-Depends are for: there you specify the name of the
packages required to build the package; and of course you can use ORed
dependencies, e.g. Build-Depends: foo | bar

i can understand that Build-Depends are considered when a package is built from source using dpkg.

However, if you get the source and do

configure && make

i don't see how Build-Depends could be considered.

My idea is to add a little something in the configure script so as to make a few suggestions when files that we check for are missing. Is this silly/pointless?

--
-- Dionysis Kalofonos