Re: RFS : dhcp_probe (first release after Chris Taylor recommendation)

Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dhcp-probe".

In the Subject field you say “(first release after Chris Taylor
recommendation)”, implying you also made at least one release
*before* that recommendation.

> * Package name    : dhcp-probe
> * Version         : 1.2.2-1

Yet here, you are making the *first* release of upstream version
“1.2.2”.

> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dhcp-probe/dhcp-probe_1.2.2a-1.dsc

And here again, you are pointing us to the first release of a
*different* upstream version, “1.2.2a”.

What is the upstream version? Has it changed through all this?

If this is the second (or subsequent) release of a particular upstream
version, why is the release number still “1”?

You should increment the release number (by starting a new release
section in the changelog) each time you begin work on a new release
subsequent to one you've already uploaded, to allow different releases
to be easily distinguished.

--
 \                         “Sometimes I — no, I don't.” —Steven Wright |
Ben Finney