Re: RFS: recoverjpeg (updated package)

Le Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:51:41AM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> A year ago I tried to get recoverjpeg, recoverPhotos and PhotoRec to
> merge into PhotoRec, at the time it appeared there was no difference
> between recoverjpeg and PhotoRec. Of course there was no action on the
> part of any of the upstreams.

Hi William,

if you like and use recoverjpeg, and think it is worth being packaged,
go ahead. But if your concern is to get the package into better shape
for the sake of Debian's quality and excellence, please consider
investigating if the package can be removed instead. This would also be
a very valuable contribution to Debian.

PS: you may be interested in the pkg-phototools project:
http://pkg-phototools.alioth.debian.org/

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy