Re: To maintaining a package....

Hello Alessio,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 17:04, Alessio Giovanni Baroni
<alessiogiovanni.baroni@gmail.com> wrote:
> this is my first access to Debian Developer's World.

Welcome on board!

> I have time to follow a package; I am interested to drqueue, orphaned.

Nice that Cyril just today argued that it should be removed from
Debian :) But of course, it you like it and use it, you're welcome to
maintain it.

First of all, you got to read Debian Policy, Developers References and
New Maintainers Guide (you can easily look for those docs in a search
engine), to know all the procedures and "stuff" needed to maintain a
package. After that...

> I must to use the reportbug utility for the request?

...well no, you got to user the BTS[1] control server[2] to rename the
current orphaned bug[3] in a ITP[3] and then start work on the
package.

> And to know who is my mentor?

Just to clarify: you won't have a mentors (one person dedicated to
your learning), but the mentors team will provide you support,
suggestions, uploads to Debian (once a package is nice enough) and so.

In case of question, just ask :)

Kindly,
Sandro

[1] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/