Re: apt-proxy, apt-cacher & approx

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 01:14:42PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> We've been using apt-proxy for about a year, and then found it quite
> buggy. So we moved to using apt-cacher. Now we have loads of problems
> with apt-cacher as well (like currently, a recurring tzdata size
> mismatch error). I was wondering if approx is any better than the other
> two. Did any of you try?

I switched from apt-proxy to apt-cacher-ng on Sid at home a few
months ago and it's been great. I am, unfortunately, not having the
best of luck backporting it to Etch for work (sunk a couple hours
into it Friday afternoon before heading home, but haven't picked it
back up again yet this morning). It seems to compile and run fine on
Etch, but it doesn't behave as advertised (503 errors and fails to
download/cache any requested files). I may just cut my losses and
run it on a Lenny machine instead.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);