Update of my book (was: Advice about first package building (from sources))

also sprach Paul Hardy <unifoundry@gmail.com> [2008.09.21.0432 +0100]:
> I also bought a copy of The Debian System, by Martin F. Krafft,
> ISBN 1-59327-069-0. […] The book is also dated (it has a DVD of
> sarge 3.1r0a in the back and now we're approaching a lenny release
> three years later).

I should be able to find the time soon to work on a new edition.
Nevertheless, in terms of the basics of packages and packaging, not
much has changed. I am going to provide additional information in
a new edition, but you won't waste time by reading the stuff in the
current edition.

I don't have an expected release date yet, sorry.

for years, we have thought that a million monkeys typing at a million
typewriters would eventually produce the complete works of shakespeare.
today, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true.