Re: ITR: elfrc

Hi,

Krzysztof Burghardt wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "elfrc".

here it comes to my comments about your package. Please note that this might not be a complete list of possible issues or wishes about your package. As sponsoring is an iterative process I will continue to tell you things, once you've changed those which are mentioned below.

- debian/copyright:
1) The copyright of Frerich Raabe does not contain every copyright year.
I found at least one different year, which should be listed aswell.
2) The string '(C)' has no legal meaning in some parts of this world. You should replace it with the © character. 3) The reference to the file in /u/s/common-licenses is wrong, because the license in elfrc is *not* a 3-clause BSD license, while the on in /u/s/common-licences is. The license block should therefore include the full license.

Apart from this:
Its not exactly clear weither the package is your work, or the work of Kumar Appaiah or the work of you both. Probably you want to remove the mark of Kumar Appaiah in the changelog, add your copyright to debian/copyright and note therein that your work is based on the work of Kumar Appaiah (if that is the case).

- debian/rules:
You could use install -D in your rules file, to also create the directory you are installing to. This way you could get rid of debian/dirs and the dh_installdirs call in it. But thats not neccessarily needed. Apart from this the call to dh_installexamples is not needed, because your package does not include any. The same is true for dh_link.

Thats it for now. Once you've got the above issues fixed, I'll have another look at the package and possibly upload it.

Best Regards,
Patrick