Re: CDBS duplicate docs installation

Le Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 08:56:45PM -0500, William Vera a écrit :
> 2008/9/16 Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>:
> >
> > it is probably that debhelper installs the docs (README AUTHORS
> > ChangeLog TODO) in /usr/share/docs/foo and the makefile in /usr/doc/foo
> > (see Makefile.am). The file names of the docs are generic enough that
> > Debhelper guesses them.
> >

> Thanks, that appears it is the problem, so I guess just need patch Makefile.am
> I'm correct?

Patches are a higher work overhead than we suspect. If you are not in a
hurry, I would recommend to ask Upstream he can change the path to the
docs. That would make him do the work for you ;)

Other alternatives to patching are to delete
$(CURDIR)/debian/yourpackage/usr/doc, or to try to override the path at
build time.

If you chose to patch, I suggest that you forward it upstream and
indicate this in the patch header.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy