Re: debian/control Uploaders field

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Policy requires both name and email address for each uploader, if any
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Uploaders>.
> So if nothing else, it's a policy violation to have an Uploaders field
> not conforming to that format.
>
> I believe that these are used just as for the Maintainer field: to
> determine the correct GnuPG key for verifying uploads. If I'm right,
> that means the tools require both a name and an email address for each
> maintainer and each uploader.

The email address will also, IIRC, be used by the infrastructure tools
as the destination for a report on the success or failure of package
uploads. So, the email address needs to be valid and correspond to the
named person.

--
 \         “In any great organization it is far, far safer to be wrong |
  `\          with the majority than to be right alone.” —John Kenneth |