Re: RFS: sqlmap

Hi Sandro,

Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Next time, please file it before start packaging it (so we can avoid
> duplicate work on the same tool, etc etc).

Ok.

> diff.gz is the difference applied to upstream source code by the
> packager (so it usually contains debian/ directory only). You have
> "merged" both in orig tarball.

I read the documentation again and understood, fixed.

> Please split that and only release upstream tarball without debian/
> dir, and apply it only in a second moment. I just give a fast look,
> and I noticed:

Done.

> * debian/changelog has to contain changes related to debian package
> *only*, so jsut one entry with "Initial package; Closes #<ITP
> bugnumber>" is what we expect there

Fixed.

> * debian/copyright has Daniele's email wrongly typed; if the source is
> GPLv2, than link to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 (GPL is a link to
> the lastest GPL version available, so now is GPL-3)

Fixed.

> * it would have been better if you leave debian/rules as dh_make
> template proposed to you

Fixed.

> * moreover, dpatch integration is done wrong: check
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPackagingHandbook/PatchSystems

Fixed.

> * if you're upstream, why you need a patch system? can't you simply
> release a new version? :)

Because the changes applied by dpatch files in the sqlmap Debian package
has to be there only when sqlmap is installed by root within the
operating system.

> * don't ship pdf (in docs) if they are not generated a build time

Done.

> * check if some Build-Depends can go to Build-Depends-Indep

If you mean debian/control, I think nothing.

> * adding a watch file might be intersting

Done.

> * I still see "Description: an automatic SQL injection tool entirely
> developed in Python" and I know why: you uploaded -2 revsion, that
> DON'T upload the orig.tar.gz file (see why debianization has to be
> separated?)

I see.
I removed the old sqlmap entry then reuploaded to mentors.debian.net the
new sqlmap with all the above fixes and changes, but at the moment I
can't see it on the 'Start page' yet and more than 10 minutes passed
since the upload.

> That's enough for a 5 minutes check :)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
- --
Bernardo Damele A. G.

E-mail / Jabber: bernardo.damele (at) gmail.com
Mobile number: +39-3493821385
PGP Key ID: 0x05F5A30F