Re: WNPP #495959 : dhcp_probe software

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Laurent Guignard
<lguignard2000@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I saw that libnet has no official maintainer so i think i will download
> upstream code (RC version) and i will package it (even if it's my first
> package and it isn't recommended).

Actually David Paleino intends to adopt it, has prepared a new package
and is probably looking for a sponsor:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/libn/libnet.html
http://bugs.debian.org/483710

Probably isn't a good idea to hijack his adoption.

> Is it a correct solution according to state of each package ?

No, work with upstream until they are confident enough to release a
new stable version (instead of an RC). Then you can ask David Paleino
to package the new version for Debian. Finally you can work on
dhcp_probe. Alternatively you could ask David to package the libnet RC
release for experimental and then upload dhcp_probe to experimental.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise