Re: Becoming a new contributor
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Becoming a new contributor
- From: Bart Martens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:56:44 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20080827121839.J5V1A.398041.root@webfep16>
- References: <20080827121839.J5V1A.398041.root@webfep16>
[moving to debian-mentors]
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 12:18 -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I have never done any development in Debian before, and I would like
> to contribute a single program.
Great, welcome ! Which "single program" ?
> How should I go about this?
> I have already looked through the Debian website and found things like
> "The first important point to make is that you do not need to be an
> official Debian developer in order to help improving Debian. In fact,
> you should already have a track record of earlier contributions to
> Debian before you apply for the New Maintainer process."
> "As a non-developer you can:
> - maintain packages through a sponsor"
> Great. How?
Depends on which "single program" you want to contribute to.
Also, the mailing list debian-mentors is the best place to ask questions
on how to get started with contributing to Debian.