Re: Behavior about a WNPP package : battery-stats

Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> Hello Laurent,
>
>> I would like to make work on battery-stats that is in the WNPP database.
>> I think that i haven't enough time to become the maintainer of this
>> package but i can correct some bugs in package.
>>
>> Have I to modify the debian/control in order to register myself as
>> maintainer ?
>
> well, you should not; given that you don't have time to directly
> maintain it, but you're willing to help on an orphaned package, then
> you'll do what's called a "QA Upload": set the maintainer of the
> package to QA Group (it's already set this way, it's a general rule)
> and keep doing things as usual.

The maintainer field is always :
"Maintainer: Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>"

And the package is in the WNPP database is it normal ???

>> How to sign the package without the debian/control file update ?
>
> as usual, with debsign; package maintained by QA group are "special",
> so what you'll do is share some of your time on a package no one has
>
> [...]
>
> * debian policy (of course)
> * developers reference (of course)
> * new maintainers guide (recommended)
> * http://qa.debian.org/ and linked web pages.
>
> Feel free to post any question you have on the list.
>
> Kindly,

In the package that I have generate (on my laptop), there is only three
warning of lintian and I sent an email to Karl E. Jørgensen (seems to be
the creator of this software) to find the upstream source download site
and after answer close the bug #409825 of the BTS. I am waiting for an
answer...
Lintian Bugs are :
W: battery-stats: unquoted-string-in-menu-item
/usr/share/menu/battery-stats needs:2
W: battery-stats: unquoted-string-in-menu-item
/usr/share/menu/battery-stats section:2
W: battery-stats: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section
/etc/init.d/battery-stats

For references given in the mail of Sandro Tosi, I need more time to
read them and i have question about Debian Policy : is there any french
translation of Debian Policy document (i didn't find any on web after
goggle search) ?

When i will have an answer i will send my work according to Debian
procedure...

Thanks in advance

- --
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter<br>
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org<br>
Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org<br>
Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net<br>
GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org