Re: RFS: keytouch (updated package)

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 23:46:52 Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.3.2-2.1
> of "keytouch". Please note, this is an NMU upload for a grave bug.
> IMHO this bug is release critical, since it renders the package unusable.

Hello Bernd,
	I'm not quite sure that simply removing a function call in
25_XCloseDisplay.dpatch is the right fix. Not that I'm an Xlib hacker, but
AFAICT (reading the manpages) if you call XOpenDisplay, you need to call
XCloseDisplay() at some later point, only once of course. Probably there are
several reasons for XCloseDisplay() not to return, but at least one of them
suggests that there is something wrong with the XRecord context, probably not
correctly set ? My googling shows the following example when XCloseDisplay()
does not return:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-March/006629.html
if you comment out the line of
XRecordEnableContextAsync(display, context, callback, 0);
then XCloseDisplay() returns just fine. So I guess that this issue should be
investigated further, or I'm wrong ?