Re: About (TWiki/web apps) sessions save dir - Was: Re: RFS: Second try for twiki-ldapcontrib, new upstream version - Re: RFS: twiki-ldapcontrib - LDAP services for TWiki

Having slept on it, I agree with Vincent and Dmitry.

I think there is no sane way to have a secure session dir for cgi apps
that might at any time need to be recreated with a unique name...
basically, imagine what happens when you have a heavily loaded server,
each of 100s of cgi scripts realising that the session dir has gone, and
they all create a unique new one, and try to update the cfg file!!!

seriously bad news.

I will re-do the twiki package to rely on /var/run/twiki (or
/var/lib/twiki/tmp if someone here suggests so) and a cronjob.

Post Lenny, I think is is desperatly important for DD's to get a Secure
cgi session _file_ policy created - and I suspect, some support systems
to ensure that it won't cause the server issues such as filling up /var,
preventing logging (the reason that I originally was asked to move it
out of /var/lib/twiki).

Could someone please give me an idea of how long i have before it is too
late to fix this for lenny?

Sven

--
Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
Sven Dowideit - http://DistributedINFORMATION.com