Re: packages.qa website shows old version @mentors.d.n

> hi all,
>
> i've realized that packages.qa.d.o shows old version packages uploaded to
> mentors.d.n, for example:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/j/jabberd2.html
>
> when are uploads from mentors removed ? anyway, maybe we should check the
> version before showing these mentors info ?

The problem with that information is that packages got removed from
mentors.d.n if the exact version is uploaded to the official archive,
but they do not get removed if an higher version superseding that on
version is uploaded. See [1].

I've been told that mentors.d.n code is in flux and that that bug will
be fixed soon. That's one of the reason why I did not implement the
"higher than" check in the PTS to avoid showing the warning.

The other reason is that currently the place where this feature is
implemented is the right one, but it is not easy to perform version
comparisons there (XSLT stylesheets ...). Before implementing
full-fledged version comparison in XSLT, I was hoping the problem gets
fixed mentors.d.n side.

Cheers.

[1] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2008/08/PTS_integrated_with_mentors_and_gifts/

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the