Re: Preferred way to do a chown on package's dirs ?

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm surprised that this doesn't work. Shouldn't fakeroot handle this
> case and do the right thing? Or am I confused about what fakeroot is
> capable of?

It handles it no problem:

$ id -u; fakeroot sh -c 'touch foo; chown www-data foo; stat -c %u foo; rm foo'
1000
33

Don Armstrong

--
Miracles had become relative common-places since the advent of
entheogens; it now took very unusual circumstances to attract public